Temporary School Closures and Transport Cancellations/Delays
This site provides the latest information about Devon school closures and/or transport cancellations and delays.
The decision to close a school is usually made by the Head teacher and Governors having sought confirmation from the Local Authority.
School closures should be avoided where possible but where it is unavoidable, for health and safety reasons or staffing issues, consideration should be given to the contacting procedures for parents and school transport.
The procedures for school closures should be detailed in your School Emergency Plan.
Updating your information
Schools and school transport providers can input up to date information on school closures and transport cancellations by:
- Go to the school closure form here
- Enter your username and password (found in the School Emergency Management Plan and Emergency Procedures, page 28. This document is available on the Source or alternatively e-mail email@example.com to receive a reminder)
- Enter you DfE number and press ‘submit form’. Your school details will automatically be added to the next form
- Complete the closure information and press ‘submit’.
Please note: You must remember to update the record manually when the circumstances changes (simply go through the process above and select the “Open” option at the appropriate point in the form).
Schools can also inform radio stations of their closure by:
BBC Radio Devon
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone – 0845 301 1034
- Email - email@example.com
- Telephone – 01392 829170
- Email – news.palm.fm
- Telephone – 01803 321050
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone – 01395 542547 ext.2
The Voice FM – North Devon and Torridge
- Email - email@example.com
- Telephone - 01752 389539